> I'd say go for it.  Of course, my preference would be that time spent on
> Mahout right now is focused on testing 0.8, but you are free to do as you
> wish.

it looks good on my part. I found however that a bug was (re-?) introduced
into UpperTriangular matrix( breaks row count property in certain form of
constructor) which however did not seem to affect any of existing solvers.
 this is fixed as a part of M-1281

I however don't have access to a decently sized cluster anymore to use for
my personal experiments so unlike Sebastian I cannot verify at scale.

-d