Hi,

From reading the thread, I have the impression that we agree on the following actions:

 * reject any future MR algorithm contributions, prominently state this
on the website and in talks
* make all existing algorithm code compatible with Hadoop 2, if there is no one willing to make an existing algorithm compatible, remove the algorithm
 * deprecate Canopy clustering
* email the original FPM and random forest authors to ask for maintenance of the algorithms * rename core to "mr-legacy" (and gradually pull items we really need out of that later)

I will create jira tickets for those action points. I think the biggest challenge here is the Hadoop 2 compatibility, is someone volunteering to drive that? Would be awesome.

Best,
Sebastian