On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 5:48 PM, Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Or simply that rows and columns are labeled?
> >
> rows are labeled. but they have algebraic signficance.

Do they really?

For the in-core system, if I add two matrices with different row labels,
the row labels are ignored.  If I multiply two matrices where the column
labels of the first matrix are in a different order than the row labels of
the second, the labels are again ignore.  If I do the transpose
multiplication where the row labels aren't in the same order, again, no
effect.

Does the DSL actually permute the rows to make operations work correctly?