So, compared to original paper [1], similarity is now hardcoded and always
LLR? Do we have any plans to parameterize that further? Is there any reason
to parameterize it?

Also, reading the paper, i am a bit wondering -- similarity and distance
are functions that usually are moving into different directions (i.e.
cosine similarity and angular distance) but in the paper distance scores
are also considered similarities? How's that?

I suppose in that context LLR is considered a distance (higher scores mean
more `distant` items, co-occurring by chance only)?

[1] http://ssc.io/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/rec11-schelter.pdf

-d