Asking because i am considering pulling this implementation but for some
(mostly political) reasons people want to try different things here.

I may also have to start with a different way of constructing
co-occurrences, and may do a few optimizations there (i.e. priority queue
queing/enqueing does twice the work it really needs to do etc.)