However, like you said it'll also have to be implemented using the Mahout DSL. I can envision that users would like to compute pairwise metrics for a lot more than just RBF kernels (pairwise Euclidean distance, etc), so my guess would be a DSL implementation of cartesian() is what you're looking for. You can build the other methods on top of that.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Shannon

On 9/18/14, 3:28 PM, Saikat Kanjilal wrote:
http://scikit-learn.org/stable/modules/generated/sklearn.metrics.pairwise.rbf_kernel.html
I need to implement the above in the scala world and expose a DSL API to call
the computation when computing the affinity matrix.

From: ted.dunn...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:04:34 -0700
Subject: Re: Mahout-1539-computation of gaussian kernel between 2 arrays of
shapes
To: dev@mahout.apache.org

There are number of non-traditional linear algebra operations like this
that are important to implement.

Can you describe what you intend to do so that we can discuss the shape of
the API and computation?

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 9:28 PM, Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Dmitry et al,As part of the above JIRA I need to calculate the gaussian
kernel between 2 shapes, I looked through mahout-math-scala and didnt see
anything to do this, any objections to me adding some code under
scalabindings to do this?
Thanks in advance.