On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Олег Зотов <olegzoto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
> I develop recommendation system and use mahout on spark (1.0 snapshot). In
> the process I have found, that spark-itemsimilarity driver do not allow to
> process more than two action types.  After reading the documentation, I
> found that, I should run it multiple times or use
> SimilarityAnalysis.cooccurrence API. But multiple running is not
> efficiently and write java/scala code is not always very convenient.

Don't you think writing script for spark shell is better for this type of
stuff? IDEA would support full scala syntax support even for scala scripts.

(one problem with shell is that there's a bug where MAHOUT_OPTS enviornment
doesn't work for adjusting spark application specifics with -D...).

> Furthermore, in sources of ItemSimilarityDriver.scala (at 217 line) I have
> found this comment "// todo: allow more than one cross-similarity matrix?"
>
> It is my first experience of working with opensource, also I hear writing
> here before creating issue is preferred. So my question: what about
> extending spark-itemsimilarity driver api with something like this:
> mahout spark-itemsimilarity --main-filter purchase --secondary-filter
> view,addToCart,like
> (other parameters are omitted)
> The result will be one indicator matrix and set of cross-indicator
> matrices(one for each secondary action)
>
> If it's helpful feature, I'll do it.
>
> P.S. Sorry for my poor English, it is not my native language.

нормальный такой инглиш вроде.  извиняться не за что имо.