Hello Andrew,

With respect to the application process for Google Summer of Code, once you
guys are sure that I'll be able to contribute to the community on something
meaningful during summer. I'll be drafting a proposal (with guidance from
someone from Mahout) detailing the timeline and the plan of action. I guess
the mentor will be decided based on what my contribution is going to be.
I'm sorry for the delay in replying. It has been a crazy week for me in
terms of my thesis. I'll take some time and look through the framework and
try to get some hands on experience by contributing to a bug fix / an
existing issue in Jira.

I had a question though, do I submit the application proposal to someone
from Mahout? or is there a centralized process for ASF as a whole.

PS: With respect to help from your side, it would be a mentor willing to
mentor me through the summer as I work. I will talk to Saikat and see of
what use I can be in the Generalized Linear Model that has been proposed.

Best Regards,
Aditya

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 4:43 AM, Andrew Musselman <andrew.mussel...@gmail.com