Could you go through the process described in Isabel's earlier mail:

"Back then the ASF applied as a whole to be accepted as organisation for
GSoC. I remember Uli Stärk explaining once to me some of the paperwork
required from the "OSS project side". Upon acceptance, Google granted
several dozen slots for students, those were then distributed across
projects. The exact process should be on the com dev page here:

http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html";