I am +1 (binding) on this release; I have:
(1) Downloaded both binary and source releases
(2) Verified checksums and signatures
(3) Built from source
(4) Run the spark-shell, and loaded and run the sparse DRM multiplier
function for both distros:

Note that in the source build the shell script is
`./distribution/target/apache-mahout-14.1/bin/mahout
spark-shell`.

scala> :load /home/akm/a/src/test/
repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemahout-1066/org/apache/mahout/mahout/14.1/apache-mahout-14.1/distribution/target/apache-mahout-14.1/examples/bin/SparseSparseDrmTimer.mscala
repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemahout-1066/org/apache/mahout/mahout/14.1/apache-mahout-14.1/distribution/target/apache-mahout-14.1/examples/bin/SparseSparseDrmTimer.mscala.
..
timeSparseDRMMMul: (m: Int, n: Int, s: Int, para: Int, pctDense: Double,
seed: Long)Long

scala> timeSparseDRMMMul(1000,1000,1000,1,.02,1234L)
res6: Long = 2205

So far that is two binding +1 votes and two non-binding +1 votes, with no
-1 votes. Still looking for another PMC vote.