Hi Karl,

I have confirmed that currently only Nuxeo Documents' properties are being
indexed, the content is not being fetched at all. Actually, the Nuxeo REST
API, logically, only returns properties. The content must be fetched using
Nuxeo Automation Services.

Nuxeo is currently providing a Java Client that basically covers both
backends (REST and Automation) into a single client library.  It would be
much more easier to implement the connector using it. The code is here:

https://github.com/nuxeo/nuxeo-java-client

According to pom file, the license is GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE,
Version 2.1. I'm not sure about compatibility and probably we would need to
check also third-party dependencies, but in my opinion it is worth it.

What do you think?