Hi all,

We're due to release ManifoldCF 2.16 by April 30th.  The major work for
this release was adoption of Java 11, and that work is incomplete because
of ElasticSearch incompatibilities.  I'm therefore tempted to hold the
release until we at least have a plan for dealing with ES going forward.

It's not clear that our ES connector support is affected, but certainly our
integration tests are, because Java 11 isn't supported in any of the ES
versions we run for those tests.  So at the least we need to decide to turn
those off.  And indeed, we really need to have someone with ES experience
map a strategy for getting our ES support back into compliance with what's
out in the world at large now.  Cihad Guzel did much work on Java 11 but
stumbled over the Elastic Search problem.  Any of our committers who know
ES and are stuck inside at the moment, please speak up.

Thanks in advance,
Karl