Thanks for the quick reply.
I agree we don't want to turn off the ES connector itself, but yes we will
need to shut down the tests.  Cihad, would you like to propose a strategy
for that?  I think for now just marking them with @Ignore should be OK,
since the tests don't have compile time dependencies on missing classes.
What do you think?

Upgrading to ES 6.x is obviously the right thing to do but who here has the
knowledge to do a good job with this?  I am certain there are a number of
ES users lurking on this list.  Please volunteer if so.

Karl