I've got time this weekend to make code changes, but I don't actually know
how to proceed, so I think we're stuck.  What I need to have is
instructions on how to set up a modern ES release with the mapper
attachment or equivalent.  I currently download the latest ES release but
find that the mapper attachment available from the Maven repo is
incompatible with this version, and the new ES-supported mapper is not
available until ES 8.0.  Help?!?

If nobody knows how to resolve this right now, I would still release, and
delay the work for updating ES to next release.  Thoughts?

Karl