Can you give me a code example?
The carry-down information is set by the parent, as you say.  The specific
information is keyed to the parent so when the child is added to the queue,
all old carrydown information from the same parent is deleted at that time,
and until that happens the carrydown information is preserved for every
child.  As you say, it can be augmented by other parents that refer to the
same child, but it is never *replaced* by carrydown info from a different
parent, just augmented.

If it didn't work this way, MCF would have horrendous order dependencies in
what documents got processed first.  As it is, when the carrydown
information changes because another parent is discovered, the children are
queued for processing to achieve stable results.

Karl