Very good!

In the past we've often had to add new commits to the release branch and
create a new RC.  The RCs have to be copied into the staging area (in an
svn repo) and then when actually released there's a simple svn command to
do that.  Are you familiar with that process?  For this reason it may be
better to separate the creation of the release branch from everything else.

Karl