Hello Alexandro,

Alexandro Colorado wrote:

Quoting "Charles-H. Schulz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I diagree with you on this point, Daniel. A FOSS project is a project
releasing software whose source code and generally binaries are freely
distributable, modifiable, reusable by anybody. Outside of that point,
there is nothing telling us about being freewheeling and anarchistic.
We're not a democracy and AFAIK we have rules, processes, leads, to-do
lists, taks, etc....

And you also has the right to fork if you don't agree with this process. This is
exactly how many important projects like Gentoo got started. Debian had too much
politics.

Yes, but the point is that forking is only in last resort. And we also know that half of these forks are done by people who have trouble with the project management and want to found their own community.

So, once again, we go back to balance. There has to be flexibility for people to take their own initiative, not require permission for everything. On the other hand, there has to be communication, and we should avoid duplicating an existing initiative.

That's where I feel uncomfortable with the intent of this site. To me I thought it was a propagation site. But the more we go, the more I see that it tries to duplicate the entire OpenOffice.org site, with native-lang projects, with users'lists, with documentation, etc... I really don't see the point here.

I do see one point, and this is that we will 'own' the server in the extend that
we can mount the application we decide and the extensibility we want as opposed
to the very restrictive static only content we usually generate. We can't
really extend the modularity of the website such as exchange content within
projects and many important content get burried under the inmense mass of
mailing list trafic.

Yes, but we don't want duplication, once again.

Best,

Charles.