Erwin Tenhumberg wrote:

Erwin-
This comment is a bit scary. It's the point of getting input...from people who have been turned off by OOo's licensing setup...those who have not been participating.
-Sam

I just don't believe in demanding statements coming from "random"
people. It's like saying if creates a foundation, IBM, Novell, Intel,
Google, etc. will all give millions of dollars to sponsor it. I might
believe companies that already showed some level of commitment,
I might even believe companies who are not committed yet, but can
make a strong case, but for sure I would not believe anybody
outside of those companies.

Yes, I risk ignoring developers who have such strong opinions that
they did not want to have anything to do with OpenOffice.org under
its current structure. Thus, did not indicate any level of
commitment. However, to me listening to everybody seems to be of
higher risk to me.

Best regards,
Erwin

Erwin-
Has it occurred to you that the public discussion of this issue might reinforce Sun's position?
-Sam