Hi Louis, all,

Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
Hi Steven,

[...]

On 2006-01-24, at 14:46 , Steven Pauwels wrote:

Hi there,

[...]
I suggest to start with a definition of the different marketing materials we could, should, would, need, want at our and other volunteers disposal per necessity. These can be in 2 major categories: Online and/or Offline. I would like to suggest sticking to the standards for sizes and formats to create material. We can add these to the style guide. (Why not make an online style guide?)

Just because we haven't converted the draft into HTML ;-)

an example:

-General OOo 2.0
   -theme1 (default)
           Online:
          - [... banners / buttons / etc. in png / gif / flash...]
           Offline:
          - [... flyers /brochures / posters ...]
>>              all in different languages

   -theme2 (f.i.: tech-targetted)
           Online:
          - [... banners / buttons / etc. in png / gif / flash...]

- OOoCON 2006
   -theme1 (default)
           Online:
          - [... banners / buttons / etc. in png / gif / flash...]
           Offline:
          - [... flyers /brochures / posters ...]
             all in different languages

If it is possible/accepted, I can create a database to hold all these items with all needed categories etc..., accessable trough a webinterface. It could be integrated in existing sites or can we just decide to have this as a tool for the art project?

Don't you think we can use the wiki in that way?

only concern is maintaining the material--easier to do if we don't use CVS...

John, opinions?

I'm not John, but...

Why don't we use the Document&Files area for the material?
If we use the same hierarchical structure as the database / wiki tables the material should be quite easy to be accessed.

And finally it should be included in the galleries...

Best regards

Bernhard