Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
Look at the archives of [EMAIL PROTECTED] There were two messages that Laurent forwarded to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list, which is where a lot of the agenda items for Council discussions come from:

1. From Adam Moore via Laurent G.:

http://tinyurl.com/9urx5

2. From Ian Lynch via Laurent G.:

http://tinyurl.com/ccog7

I do invite everyone to read those and form an opinion. Ian's post indeed seems to be basically an expression of concern. I thought that was very clear. Adam's seems to be expressing concerns over the way Louis and Jacqueline manage this project.

I could be mistaken, but I really think that Ian and Adam were asking
for procedures; not for the CC to ask Jacqueline to tell us why she
fired Ryan.

Certainly that was the gist of what I wrote.

[snip]

Unfortunately, the gist of what you wrote could have been more precise and productive of action.

How would you have rephrased Ian's message to make it clearer? I think it was clear. Maybe other people can chip in and say if they think it was unclear.

Look at who has been posting in the last ten days and at the tone. As the tone becomes more acrimonious, only you, Daniel, Jean, and a few others more or less in your circle continue to post (and I every now and then respond). What about new people? If you are really interested in broadening the scope of this project, let others speak.

Looking at the most recent emails (I last cleared my inbox) this is what I see:

Posts from Cristian: 15
Posts from Jean: 13
Posts from Louis: 10
Posts from Ian: 8
Posts from Steven: 6
Posts from Daniel: 6

Hm. I am not sure quite how to reply. I suppose the direct answer is the best: I corrected his misstatements

I said that the project has high barriers for contribution. That is, to an extent, a matter of opinion. It appears that several people share that opinion. Hence, it is an opinion worth considering. If you feel that some of those concerns are purely a mistaken perception, then it would be good to try to change that perception. If some of those are more than perception, then try to correct those.

As Daniel has been a longtime critic of the Marketing, Website, and Documentation Projects, strongly correcting him made sense.

Have I mentioned that the documentation project has improved enormously? I am very happy with their progress. They have been doing a lot of good things and you can see the leads making an effort to lower barriers. Like GRS' regular welcome email for new members and the web page re-design.

Best,
Daniel.
--
     /\/`) http://oooauthors.org