I'd like to canvass opinion among the marketing project for the launch
of a new theme: "Why OpenOffice.org"

The proposal is that "Why OpenOffice.org" will be a major theme of our
campaigning in 2006 and for OOoConf 2006. The developments in the
MS-Office 2007 story mean we have a golden opportunity to explain to the
world there is a better way.

The first task would be to create http://why.openoffice.org:
- to explain to each target market why they should use OpenOffice.org
- to convince IT managers, public administrations, governments, etc to
implement the suite in their organisations
- and to make the public demand that the authorities provide them with
ODF documents instead of .doc files

WHY will convey these messages in a simple, visual format, without the
'clutter' of the standard project pages. Examples of this approach
already exist in some nl projects - http://es.openoffice.org is a
particularly good example.

The WHY URL will permit memorable URLs such as
why.openoffice.org/publicadministration/
why.openoffice.org/governments/
why.openoffice.org/smes/
etc

I believe there is enough expertise across projects such as marketing,
art, web, and nl projects to create a stunning and convincing site.

Are you in favour of this proposal and can you help?

Thanks - John