Hi all,

it's not easy to find the right mail to answer with a new idea - but I'm sure you read all of these mails, so I hope it is okay here ;-)

Finn Gruwier Larsen wrote:
Cor Nouws skrev:

Thanks, that's clear.
In Dutch, the question (why, 'waarom?') en answer (that's why, 'daarom!') are of the same length. And I think 'daarom' expresses some more strength, power. That will be different in every language, I guess.

I't the same in Danish: 'why' = 'hvorfor' (used when questioning), 'therefore' = 'derfor' (used when answering). In Danish I would use 'derfor'. But in English 'why' is not only used when questonining.

So we might end up with 'Why' international and 'Daarom' in Dutch??

Yes, I suppose 'daarom' would be the natural choice in Dutch (which I happen to know a bit).

What do you think of quite an uncommon approach:

Why! (with exclamation mark)

implies "therefore" combined with the original question.
(thats why ...)

People will be curious about it and probably have a closer look at the website.

What do you think (especially native speakers)?

Best regards

Bernhard