Hi,

Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
Hi,

On 2006-04-15, at 17:54 , John McCreesh wrote:

I'd like to canvass opinion among the marketing project for the launch
of a new theme: "Why OpenOffice.org"

[snip]

I think this is a splendid idea and merits a URL, "why.openoffice.org". The URL would not necessitate the creation of a new project, which is not needed for this particular effort. (A new project brings with it IssueZilla components, a slew of mail lists, docs/files, forums, etc; a URL--basically a category--doesn't have all that baggage but does have CVS buckets). A new list is logical, and it can be created within the Marketing Project, which will have oversight over the project management.

I can barely wait to see why.OOo offering all the key information needed to convince decision makers in the targeted markets.

Imagine finding aside from a nice graphically designed website:
- the key features and reasons that one should definitely outline to his audience put in a convincing manner - online slides or flash animations providing deeper insights into the reasoning for considering OOo for viewing by decision makers visiting the website - impress files, podcasts, audio and/or even video materials organized in a structured manner that one can view on his laptop or listen on his/her iPod while traveling to the meeting with the directors board or the local administration decision makers
- first outlined and then detailed case studies for each target market
- etc

If they exist, we will link to them, if they are missing, we can create them. What is important is that they can be found easily, and tailored for specific markets and stages of argumentation so that visitors find what they need without doing repeated searches on the OOo website and on the web until they get tired.

I'll create the URL tomorrow and we can create the attendant mail list immediately.

Thanks!

Best,
Cristian

Thanks!

Best,

Louis

--
Cristian DRIGA

==
OpenOffice.org Romanian Native Language Project Lead
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ro.openoffice.org
www.openoffice.org