Hi Alexandro,

Alexandro Colorado wrote:
On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 01:43:28 -0400, Cristian Driga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

Since the spreadopenoffice.org site was closed a long while ago, I have directed the domain name http://spreadopenoffice.org to point to the new WHY! website, http://why.openoffice.org.
<snip>

Hey Christian, how are you. Congratulations on your new position, I am really happy.

Thanks.

I got a question.

Will they remain on the current LAMP servers? the use of LAMP servers provide higher response and opportunity that the proprietary collabnet one. AFAIK the original spreadopenoffice.org had some content management system (drupal) which provided a higher and faster level of collaboration, I want to know if they will keep it that way in the future.

That Drupal site does not exist anymore. The server maintainers closed it due to lack of contributors some months ago.

After I got the domain name from Justin Clift, I also had no time at all to contribute to it and instead I kept it pointing to the LAMP/Drupal site to let that site continue to exist. But at some point, those who maintained the server, have closed the site due to lack of contributors.

Only now when we initiated the WHY! site I decided to make this domain name active again as an alias to the why.openoffice.org website. Why! is almost equivalent to the "Spread.." and "Get.." type of campaigns Mozilla ran. A campaign tailored on our specifics and trying not to be only an imitation of the Mozilla's campaigns.
The why.openoffice.org site is on Collab server like the whole OOo domain.

BTW: congratulations on your es.openoffice.org website. Great design. Simple and extremely efficient. It was of inspiration for us in the why.ooo initiative. We'd love to see the Spanish community helping out in getting why.ooo going because this action would be in the benefit of the whole OOo community.

;-)

Best wishes,
Cristian

--Alexandro Colorado