Actually that seems to have been part of the strategy all along:

        As long as they are going to steal it, we want them to steal
        ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow
        figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade.
                http://news.com.com/2100-1023-212942.html?legacy=cnet

It's more than a psychological addiction, the MS file formats are what it's been using to leverage new sales. So both OOo and OpenDocument have a lot to offer people in that contet.

-Lars
Lars Noodén ([EMAIL PROTECTED])