On 6/30/06, eric b <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Le 30 juin 06 à 21:32, Chad Smith a écrit :

> It's my site to promote OOo, and I have permission to use that look
> and
> logo.

I wonder who authorized you to use Logo and appearance of
OpenOffice.org project ?

The Community Manager.

Again, this site is not official,  is not an OpenOffice.org project
neither and I don't understand why you have right to use Official
logo for your own site.

Becuase I'm promoting the project.

This is not enough : users are obviously confused with the look and
the logo, and whorse, you are doing propaganda for forks.

It is enough.  As I said, I have permission to put up the site the way it
is, including the disclaimer.

As it is my site, I am free to promote whatever project or projects that I
wish.

Means what you wrote about X11 port does not respect our work.

So?  It is my opinion.  I do not like the X11 port, nor do I agree that it
is the way to port OpenOffice.org to Mac.  It is not a Mac program.  It's an
X11 program.  On the other hand, NeoOffice is a Mac native program.  It's
much easier to install, doesn't need you to dig out your Install disc, and,
as Mac users are accostumed, "It just works".

This is not acceptable, that's all.

Sorry you feel that way.  I am promoting OpenOffice.org.  I took it upon
myself to build the site, buy the domain name, and write the copy.  If you
don't like the way I am promoting "your work" (which, I thought was "our
work" but, maybe I was wrong) then don't visit or promote my site.

--
- Chad Smith
http://www.gimpshop.net/