> > You know, if someone had said "Hey Chad, we're working on a Mac-native port
> > of OpenOffice.org - something far better than the X11 port, and even better
> > than NeoOffice!  Would you like to tell people about the work we are
> > doing?"
> > - Then I might have done that - I probably would have been excited about
> > it.
>
> Here you go. Exactly how i wish it had happened. That's basically all
> I'm talking about here.

All down to the nature of "How to win friends and influence people".
Interesting concept for marketing. You rarely get someone on your side
by slagging them off in public and attacking well-intentioned work even
if you disagree with it. When the only resource you have is people,
alienating them for whatever reason is not an effective strategy unless
perhaps you believe that such alienation will encourage other people to
more than compensate for the losses.

Ian
--
www.theINGOTS.org