On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 11:41 -0700, Benjamin Horst wrote:
> Louis brought up the idea of a wiki extension for OpenOffice.org on his blog
> yesterday and it reminded me I've been meaning to share the following with
> the marketing list.
>
> On my site I described the idea of a wiki extension that would bring cool new
> functionality to OOo, while also helping publicize the extensions capability
> it offers. I've written the details on my blog here:
> http://www.solidoffice.com/openoffice/wiki-extension/

Ben, I'm not sure I understand your proposition.

There are tools to save OOo files in WikiPedia/MediaWiki format - see
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Odt2Wiki - which potentially
look interesting - especially if they could be delivered as a
user-friendly extension.

But I think you are suggesting that the wiki actually stores its files
in ODF, and users access it via an ODF compliant app (like OOo).

So there's no HTML, no browsers ... is that right?

Thanks - John