Benjamin Horst wrote:
If someone has a computer that old, they really should switch it to Linux
anyway! :)

I still know some small companies for which Win98SE suffices and they still have applications hard to run under Linux.

In companies forced to adopt a M$$ license and which have mission critical applications, Win98 will stay as long as they are not forced to upgrade. They will not be happy if we drop support especially because costs are involved.

What I think is important: if at some point ODF specifications evolve, we should provide add-ons for latest OOo working with Win98 to convert documents. At least say 2-3 years from now.

~just my 2 eurocents

Best,
Cristian

I think ending support for Windows 98 will have no negative impact on our marketing. In
fact, we could probably spin it to be positive somehow... "our code base is too
modern and dynamic to be compatible with poorly-written, obsolete code like Windows
98..."

-Ben

----
OpenOffice and open source blog: