Hi, reading Doc Searls LJ column I came across something that we (the floss community) haven't been very forward about. Basically has been how much money can OOo make for your company. Notice that I mentioned make, NOT save.

The interesting position is, does using OOo generates capital. Does the economy of scale of using OOo can generate capital?

Can the use of OOo elevate the quality of your work? Can it make things faster, cleaner, nicer and of course cheaper?

If you are not a technologist, how you should see OOo to your organization? What other solution can present an inmediate benefit (save) but keep giving an incremental more powerful benefit (ownership, freedom, vendor independent, etc).

--
Alexandro Colorado
CoLeader of OpenOffice.org ES