Vikram Gaur wrote:
<snip />

After talking to many users i think if thunder bird can have following
features, this will be a great product:

1.  Thunderbird, Firefox, Openoffice should in integrated.
2.  Instant Messanger should be integrated.
3.  Group calendering should be integrated

As a Linux user I don't want all my applications integrated into one monolithic binary. I prefer the focussed app which concentrates on doing one thing and doing it well.

Having said that, the plans for Thunderbird 3 and beyond are to turn it into the internet-comms platform of choice. You can already integrate Lightning into TB and get email and calendaring. I understand that some kind of IM support is planned.

What/why/how does "integration of OpenOffice.org, Firefox and Thunderbird" mean? These are three completely distinct applications and I would NOT want them integrated - even if I understood what that really meant. If your browser crashes for example, you'd lose your email and that thesis you'd just spent 3 hours typing...

My thoughts.

Al

--
The way out is open!