REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE

REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE REMOVE ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ivan M" <i2initiati...@gmail.com>
To: <dev@marketing.openoffice.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: [marketing] A different Market focus

Hi Graham,
Just a small suggestion...

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Graham Lauder <yori...@openoffice.org> wrote:
Some months back I touted the idea of a "Google OOo" campaign. The idea was to make it very easy and minimal cost for local communities to produce simple
flyers and posters that give a simple call to action.  The "Google OOo"
statement would be the central part of the flyers with a simple message
included.  The messages would be translated into the local language or
messages more appropriate to the local culture. The key is not to explain
but to excite curiosity, to reinforce the call to an action.

Because Google brands some of its software with its name - e.g. Google
Earth - the flyer might appear to be advertising a piece of Google
software - so people might search for "Google OOo" expecting something
from a Google domain. My suggestion would be to have Google "OOo", to
make the intended action more clear.

... and the why.OOo page should be updated - at least in terms of
design - before any major marketing campaign starts (that's not such a
small suggestion, but since I'm on a roll... :P)

Regards,
Ivan.