Hi John,

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 1:42 AM, John McCreesh<jp...@openoffice.org> wrote:
> I think these have different audiences.
>
> * the products pages are focused on the features of OOo: what does each of
> the apps do? has Calc got a solver feature? etc.
>
> * the why pages are focused on benefits: why should I use OOo? what needs
> does it fill?

Those are perfectly valid questions, but there may also be others,
like: What do I get with OOo? (e.g. with MS Office, there are many
product editions, many of which contain programs like Outlook, Groove,
etc, which OOo doesn't have equivalents for.) Another could be What
can I do with the programs in OOo? I think the products page is
intended to address these kinds of questions. However, I envision the
people asking these questions as a subset of the same audience that
might head to why.OOo for their answers, and I would see the people
asking the questions you mentioned as another, probably larger subset
(though there will be an overlap).

I'm not suggesting full integration with the why.OOo page, but rather
a few links from within why.OOo pointing to the appropriate products
pages for those that want to know this additional information - there
may be a good deal of people with extensive knowledge, who already
know what an office suite is, but they want a better idea of what
they're looking at. The goal would be to increase the visibility of
the products section and I think there might be some information there
that visitors to the why.OOo website might be interested in.

Regards,
Ivan.