I want to share this link from Jomar Silva from ODF Alliance who
organized and participate on an ODF Workshop through CONSEGI
http://homembit.com/2009/09/odf-workshop-and-consegi-2009.html

Very interesting points and debates including:
"Nagarjuna, from Free Software Foundation India. Briefly, Nagarjuna
argued that it’s necessary to consider the use of proprietary software
and standards a crime, and also argued that we need a stronger
reaction against proprietary technologies (strong, not aggressive, and
used the example of civil disobedience from Gandhi) ."

Second day:
"was surprised by the number of CONSEGI’s attendants who also
participated in the Workshop. Those who participated, had the
opportunity to see a little more about what is being done about open
standards, free software and ODF in three countries: Brazil, Ecuador
and Cuba. They also watched the delivery of the ODF Award to Vitório
Furusho."

"In Brazil The current estimate is that we have over 1.5 million users
of ODF only in governments in Brazil, and with the new signatures to
the Brasilia Protocol, we will overcome the barrier of 2 million
before the end of this year."

To get an idea of the success of ODF Workshop among its participants,
we have offers to host the workshops in 2010 and 2011 and I have no
doubt that those will be great events!

The presentations made at the ODF Workshop will be published here.
http://odfworkshop.com/agenda_en.html
--
Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Español