On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Florian Effenberger
<flo...@openoffice.org> wrote:
> Hi Alexandro,

Hi Florian

>> GHOP would be launched soon and I am looking for a funding source so that
>> OOo contribute to the prices from Google by adding extra recognition by
>> the
>> OpenOffice.org for participating in these contests. The goal is to have a
>> well covered initiative from our end and also to give the participats the
>> extra motivation to participate with us.
>>
>> The goal is to have a special handcraft trophy from the OpenOffice.org and
>> Diploma signed by the OOo Leads and Mentors and have it shipped to their
>> homes.
>
> can you elaborate a little bit on GHOP, what it's about and what role OOo
> plays in there? I only remember GSoC, where OOo wasn't considered at all...

most of the information on GHOP is at their website:
http://code.google.com/opensource/ghop/2007-8/

You can find a very complete FAQ here:
http://code.google.com/opensource/ghop/2007-8/faqs.html

The project is managed by Leslie Hawthorn and Chris DiBona from Google
Open Source group. You can see some videos of past years here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-oGDjUoU_k

The new project was just announce on their Google Group mailing list
by Leslie about the "Go" for this year GHOP on December 7th.

Biggest difference between GSOC and GHOP is that is for pre-college
(univ) people >18. Also is not only development tasks but
documentation, localization and outreach also play a role into these
tasks.

Yes sadly OOo didnt participate on GSOC this year mainly for lack of
organization,. Fortunatley I have taken as a big ToDo to be involved
in this year GHOP so we are "First in Line" to participate.  I will be
giving some talks around the local high schools in my city just to
raise awareness about the event hoping more people from latinamerica
participate.

> Florian

Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Espa&ntilde;ol