Hello,

during OOoCon, the idea of voice/audio conferences have been mentioned several times, and I'd like to pick up two aspects.

- Many large companies, including Sun, do have voice conferencing systems to invite partners to when doing three-party-calls. We don't have access to our own system. Is this a dire need for MarCons, have you ever needed a professional audioconferencing system? I've compiled a list of free services a while ago at http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Phone_Conferences - any country not covered that is in need? We have some funding from the marketing project, and given time and technical expertise, we could set up our own system based on SIP and Asterisk, but before evaluating, I'd like to know if there is any need at all.

- We've also discovered that we have some lack of communication, (not only) in the marketing project. The idea during the marketing meeting was to have monthly audio conferences to keep everyone up to date. What do you think of it? I see some issues here - time and that some might be more convenient with using text-based IRC - but I'd like to open the discussion. From Mozilla I know they even do regular conference calls open for the press, so we might pick that one up...

Florian