Hello all,

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 7:45 PM, Florian Effenberger
<flo...@openoffice.org>wrote:

> I guess you're not subscribed to this mailing list, thus I'm forwarding
> Jürgen Schmidt's reply:

You are correct.

> "can you give us some more details for what exactly the 500 US$ should be
> used. Your work is highly appreciated and probably worth the funding. But
> for funding we need a detailed request."
>
> I wanted to ask for the same. ;-) Can you give more details?

Here is a draft of details, we can flex as per budget you may allow.
*
DVD (500 pcs. X 50 bdt) = 25,000 bdt*
As I've mentioned earlier in mail, there is an estimate for 300,000
visitors. In Bangladesh Internet is not that much efficient that anyone
would consider downloading OpenOffice.org unless he is a FOSS enthu.
Moreover, there will be Govt. / Private company representative visiting
everyday. The easiest way to preach in favour of OO.o is a free DVD
containing the OO.o installer along with our Bangla Manual (212 pages). I'm
planning distributing 100 DVD each day, hence 500 DVD for 5 day.

*T-Shirt (20 X 100 bdt) = 2,000 bdt *
This is for active OO.o volunteer, mostly l10n contributors, this would be
the first time we can reconcile their efforts.

*OO.o Sticker 3,000 bdt*
In my country, School / College students, teenagers likes teaser sticker.

*Banner, Festoon 2,500 bdt*
OpenOffice.org Banner and Festoon to be hanged in our booth.

*Leaflet / Flyers 2,500 bdt*

A total of* 35,000 BDT or 500 US$* (
http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter#from=USD;to=BDT;amt=500)

My organization is paying for the Booth / Stall.

*Note:*
BDT means Bangladeshi Taka (is our Currency)
DVD contents: Localized OpenOffice.org installer, Bangla Manual, Ankur
Bangla spell checker extension, Bangla complex script installer for window$,
and free fonts from us.

And I suggest you subscribe to d...@marketing by sending an empty e-mail to
> dev-subscr...@marketing.openoffice.org

Subscribed.

FYI,
I have had successfully arranged OpenOffice.org launching in 2006, when John
visited us (
http://www.mealldubh.org/index.php/2006/03/10/old-dhaka-and-openofficeorg-marketing/).

Thanks for responding positively.

--