On 1/16/10 11:04 PM, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi mak, all,

mak schrieb:

Here is a draft of details, we can flex as per budget you may allow.
*
DVD (500 pcs. X 50 bdt) = 25,000 bdt*
As 100 bdt are around 1 Euro, this means 250 € for 500 DVD.

Generally CDs and DVDs are not given away for free, but for a small
amount of money - either the costs we have or a small donation.
i would say that it is always appreciated but not a fixed requirement or always necessary. Especailly in some countries i would give them for free and i am sure it is worth the investment. And it really depends if you give CD's to everyone or only after some talk with interested people.

Juergen

This avoids people to take them as free gifts and throw them away
afterwards.
In Europe about 1 Euro is not really much - everybody interested in a
copy of OOo will be able to pay that much, but for Bangladesh I don't
know if it is reasonable to ask for money at all or what would be a
comparable amount of money.

1 Euro in Europe means about 1/2000 of the money an average employee
takes home every month.
*T-Shirt (20 X 100 bdt) = 2,000 bdt *
This is for active OO.o volunteer, mostly l10n contributors, this
would be
the first time we can reconcile their efforts.
+1

The other proposed expenses seem reasonable for me (it's not comparable
to European prices), so I'd support your request.

Best regards

Bernhard

Sun Microsystems GmbH        Juergen Schmidt
Nagelsweg 55                 Technical Lead Programmability
20097 Hamburg, Germany

Registered Office: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Commercial register of the Local Court of Munich: HRB 161028
Managing Directors: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Martin Haering