Hamish, Russel

Thanks again for prompting me to think a little more here.

My last trip cross country, I needed to use the public access computer kiosks at a couple of small town libraries (as in middle of Wyoming small). Both cases they had really nice printers (I was surprised a little) but the computers where a good 5-6 years old. (As an aside: one had a copy of OO.o 3 installed - when asked the Librarian said a local high school kid asked to install it - and - he was a good kid, so fine with her...but she didn't know anything about it )

My intention is to bring just such a machine, an older Compaq, with Linux/OO.o - this machine would not handle Win7/MSO 2010. I was thinking that it's one thing to say that Linux/OO.o breaths performance back into older hardware, it's another to let them see for themselves.

Also - I was thinking we could offer the workstation/PCS as a public access kiosk for the attendees, say for someone that needs to print a resume. For those that have the 'deer in the headlights look' when they realize it's not MS we have a real live person there to get them started. [might be a dumb idea ??]

Anyway, I'm just throwing out ideas here.

Drew