Drew, interesting ideas

Yes, I've noticed when I use Ubuntu it is a lot faster than Win 7 (I
have previously used the Win 7 RC).  Windows requires about 1 GB RAM and
16GB HDD and Ubuntu requires only 384 MB RAM and 8GB HDD.

I think letting people use a Linux PC with OO.o (doesn't matter too much
what Linux distribution, but you should use the latest OOo) will let
them see how fast & easy it is to use.
But you've also got to remember OOo is using the conference to promote
OpenOffice.org and not so much Linux.

Also, remember if we let lots of people print off their resume/CV the
cost could end up rising, but yes I like the idea of something like
that.

Cheers
Hamish