On 2/16/10, Lars Nooden <larsnoo...@openoffice.org> wrote:
> Juergen Schmidt wrote:
>  > On 2/15/10 5:46 PM, Goran Rakic wrote:
>  >> У пон, 15. 02 2010. у 10:38 -0600, Alexandro Colorado пише:
>  >>> Is just a gateway to connect to the paypal account. so is the same as
>  >>> a paypal donation, except this adds some interesting layers like
>  >>> total donations and goals.
>  >>
>  >> No, it is not just a gateway. They are aggregating all received funds,
>  >> pending a release and taking 3% commission to withdraw using PayPal.
>  >>
>  >> The implication is that TeamOOo will not receive many small donations
>  >> from various entities, but a single donation when funds are transfered
>  >> from Twonate.
>  >>
>  >> The treasurer should confirm if that is OK for their tax reports.
>

> There are additional payment systems besides the infamous and
>  (un)popular Paypal.

Not sure if paypal is that unpopular certainly the "subscription"
payments are very popular. Sign in to cyclical donate x amount each
month.

I also like their mobile offering. Something I haven't heard for anywhere else.

Then again this was more about the idea on making "twitter" a platform
to promote and get donations.

>  One that seems very popular with most of the international students I
>  have polled on the topic is Moneybookers.
>
>  http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=m_shoppingcart
>

> http://www.moneybookers.com/merchant/en/automated_payments_interface_manual.pdf

I'm not a huge fan of Moneybookers, they used to have a very
cumbersome way to work. They asked you to fax in your passport and
other stuff. The real holder was somewhere in Poland and Ukraine and
just sounded a bit obscure. But I guess they have come to be more
mainstream and maybe is easier now.

>  Another, which is new and experimental, is from one of the founders of
>  the Pirate Bay.  It might be worth trying if only because of its newness
>  and celebrity origins
>
>  http://flattr.com/beta/

Checking it out. The video sounds like a great proposal again is like
having beer money... having a dedicated money ammount to your internet
consumption. Pretty social and interesting now that I listen to many
podcasts and  iguess as an app provider we could get some points from
those, also give some good "karma" if we get a lot of contributor.

--
Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Espa&ntilde;ol