On 2/27/10 2:27 AM, Drew Jensen wrote:
2) CD label art
I know you asked about that - did you find what you needed on that?

There has been no word from the art department other than they are
working on the branding and that will take time.

Well - I know it feels like a corporation around here most of the time,
but that is the Art Project, not Department, and Bernhard and folks are
volunteering their time, talents and efforts.

If we add these other items does that change what we should to with
label art?

It might be nice to add the OOo4Kids logo but then I think we would run
into a problem as that could be considered "modifying" the OO,o art
which is not allowed.

Really!

So how do they come up with special event logos for things like FOSDEM,
or the different OOoCon logos - it has to be 100% from scratch each
and every time? No way that's what they do.
the official trademarked logo is important. I think everything else is more flexible but it is important that we use always more or less the same. And that is when i got i correct the idea of the art and branding project. Fos FOSDEM we choose an additional image to transport a specific message. I think we will always need such things and ideally we have some of them in place for different events and use cases that can be easy reused world wide.

I would go with one clear visual concepts for ALA and wouldn't mix different things. OOo4Kids addressed a completely different user group and librarians are probably more interested in OOo.

Juergen