Hi Bernhard,
On 02/28/10 12:41 AM, Bernhard Dippold wrote:

In a company the designer get the goals they should follow from the managers or their marketing department. In a project like OOo there is no management - it is the community.

Therefore I want to ask the community about their goals.

You're right, but the OOo community has its own organization, the marketing project with its Lead, Florian. This is the organization that should agree on the goals, write them down and develop strategies for achieving them. And that's the job the Strategic Marketing Plan <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Strategic_Marketing_Plan> has to do. As it has to be updated this year, there's a good chance to bring your ideas in such a plan. In my opinion a strategic plan has lots of advantages, because it gives you the direction for a long period of time and the method of developing it is more analytical. And I also agree with Bernd on the fact that it is hard to get clear goals and results from a informal poll (sorry that's the social scientist in me ;) ).

Regards,
Rosana