Message has been moderated, so please Cc Robert in your replies
(I didn't realize fast enough that d...@marketing might be the wrong list for this problem... sorry)

Robert Dunham wrote on 2010-05-20 17.24:
I don't know how to access blogs, Help for Open Office.  Please forward or
direct me to the means.

Problem:  A multi-year text document listing urls as I encounter them for
future reference.  It was in Open Document text document format, but somehow
has been converted to Notepad and is written only in machine language, not
text.  I have tried to regain text by copying it (pasting) to text document,
rich text documents and saving it as every listed alternative offered by the
save as function, all without success.  I have gone back to all saved back-up
that I have on my hard drive and on thumb drives, which all are displayed only
in machine language.  I have tried commercial restoration programs, but can
find nothing to restore.

Any direction would be greatly appresicated.

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@openoffice.org>
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Lead