Hi Florian, John,

thank you for considering me to step up to his role. I am pleased to accept it.

Charles, Cor, Louis, Christoph, Thorsten, Drew, Katsuya-san, Joost, Maho-san and Xiaohong,
thanks for your personal expression of your confidence in me.

I'm looking forward to great cooperation with everyone in the Marketing Project.

Best regards,
Peter

Florian Effenberger wrote:
Hello,

as some of you know, after stepping down from the Marketing Lead -- a role he had held for many years -- John McCreesh offered to stay as Marketing Co-Lead temporarily, until a successor has been found.

Dear John, on behalf of the OpenOffice.org Community, I would like to thank you for all your efforts, all your creativity, all your heart and all your sense of humor you've put into OpenOffice.org. Over the past years, you've formed and shaped the Marketing Project to what it is today, and your contribution of OpenOffice.org's success is invaluable. Personally, I'd like to take the chance of not only thanking you for being an esteemed colleague and a brilliant teacher, but especially for being a wonderful friend and an endless source of inspiration. We've been working together in good and bad times, shared laughs and sorrows. It is an honour for me to work with you, and I hope that you will stay with the Community for many more years to come -- you will always be an important part of our big family, and I'm already looking forward to having a drink with you in Budapest!

I took a long time in thinking of who could be John's successor. Following his footsteps is not an easy task. Our project is at change, and the Marketing Project has chances and duties as never before. Now that OpenOffice.org has arrived in user's heads and on their machines, we will all have to face new challenges, and the Marketing Project will play an important role. We have many great contributors in the Community, and you surely agree when I say it was not easy to determine who could share the burden of working together with me. ;-)

I'm glad that one of our fellow colleagues, who has been with OpenOffice.org for a long time and more than once has proven his dedication and enthusiasm, agreed to start into this exciting adventure. Many of you know him as experienced OOoCon organizer, as the top paper reviewer from last year's Call for Papers and as regular contributor to the Marketing Project and active participant in our phone conferences. I'm talking about Peter Junge who agreed in taking over the Marketing Co-Lead role, and has support from his predecessor, John. I hope you support and welcome him as much as we do and that you share my positive view on his nomination.

One of my goals has always been to strenghten the Marketing Project and to bring its members closer together. We are a worldwide family, but in these times of changes, it is more important than ever to work together jointly. One of the first tasks thus will be working on the Strategic Marketing Plan for the next years, as well as compiling an agenda to work efficiently.

Let me finish with: I'm proud of we have achieved so far, and I'm looking forward to a bright future with all of you. Thank you so much, John, for your contributions and all you have done. Welcome, Peter, and thanks for starting into this adventure!

May the source be with you :-)
Florian