Hi Katsuya,

Katsuya Kobayashi wrote (01-06-10 09:49)
Hi Florian, all   cc:Louis

  Thank you for your last marketing teleconference log.
  I felt It's difficult to short notice for every attendee by my poor
English pronunciation. :)

  JA Project just translated the internship announcement for Japanese now.

Good to read that, thanks!

  I'll make some questions and follow up for marketing this internship
program in Japan.

For many of the questions, you can find the answer on the wiki for the internship: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Internship

(1) Questions for JA announcement about Bounties, When, Where, How
many, How much?

It was in the announcement as bellows.
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=announce&msgNo=418
Bounties up to 3.500 EUR per enhancement and bug fix
(snip)
It runs from May 31st to October 31st and accepted students are required
to work full-time for a period of about three months on their project.
Space is limited, so students are encouraged to apply for the programme now!

So ...
What is the condition of Bounties up to 3.500 EUR? What does this mean
" per enhancement and bug fix " in the announcement.
The students need make a good enhancement *AND* also a good bug fix?
or The students need make only one good result even at least?

Yes, it is the total project, the final result that counts.
See Terms & Conditions, 7.1 and 7.2 on the wiki.

Maybe it was a bit confusing that the wording 'bug fix' was used.
(I do not expect that there are many bugs, attractive to students, that take about three months to be fixed.)

When will you start the each project? It may be the limit time at Aug
1st to start.

Start to be discussed with the mentor. And indeed, August 1st might be the latest.

Where will the students stay for full-time work? At Hamburg with the
mentor, or At the home country by online?

The latter.

How many members will you hope to encourage this program? 5, 10, or more?

As the wiki says: there is room for seven.
When the results of the programme are positive, I am sure many people will try to make this possible again in coming years.

How much cost will the students to keep money to work full-time? Does
they need the cost to stay in Hamburg or Not?

No, they can work from where they live.

(2)Confirmation about the stand point of this internship

I understand the stand point of this internship as bellows.
Is it right or not?

a) The background is based on the Community Innovation Program on 2007.
http://development.openoffice.org/community_innovation_program.html
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Innovation_Program/proposals

b) Still there are many OpenOffice.org Project Improvement Themes as
CC wiki and To-Dos wiki.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council/Project_Improvements
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/To-Dos
Then I think CC planned as Education Theme like a Community Marketing.
(from CC wiki:)
.. (education project for developers)

C) The history was ...
Bug Bounty Program was held on 2008 and it was made succeeded. The
result was 6 person and 11 Issues.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/BugBountyProgram
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/BugBountyProgram/Issues
But on 2009 it was no Program like this.
(from BugBountyProgram wiki:)
For the 2009 programm, go to OpenOffice.org_Internship.
Then Cor had made the wiki of this time Program for marketing and kicked off.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Marketing/OOoInternship#Marketing

Those links and much more communication led to the final program, and approval by the community council.

(3) Following up of my teleconference comment

I had just made one comment about how to promote this internship
program for personal and college / company managers.

(from OOoInternship#Marketing wiki:)
send notices to computer science departments at universities

In such project, I think that it is important to be preferable the
skill set in finding employment in the future.
So I think that it is important to find the agreement about that kind
of skill set with the participating student
between the college or company that send it off.

I agree with you here: enthusiasm of the student is important, but also skills that make him or her a possible valuable contributor now and in the future of the OpenOffice.org project.

We did not put any effort in an attempt to put this in clear rules.
We can trust that the Supervisory Team will have a clear and fair look at all applications. Nevertheless, thanks for those links below. I see the document Neaoss_wg2_MC_2.0.pdf hold very comprehensive information on the subject.

This is one reference of OSS skill set for the college or company that
studied in Japan and CJK OSS forum.
I think there are each OSS skill set like this in each country or EU.

(for reference:)
OSS Sample Curricula for Software Engineering Education - Skillsets
and Sample Courses
http://oss.kr/?module=file&act=procFileDownload&file_srl=1884&sid=a279afb57fc7fbe529875274dba1fea6
http://oss.or.kr/?vid=nea_wgs2_2&document_srl=1883
http://wg2.neaoss.org/

I hope the given information helps.
Pls do not hesitate to ask if there is something else we can do.

Best regards,
Cor

--
 >> Your office 2010 software: the new OpenOffice.org <<

Cor Nouws
  - ideas/remarks for the community council?
  - http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council