   >> It is strange that the OO filters have not improve much over
   >> the last years, Sam Hiser has a rant about this.

   > I agree, excellent filters are very important and it
   > seems to me that progress, after being really good
   > seems to have come to
   > a halt.

Right, I just submitted an issue about a medium complex
table in which text was crushed. It turned out that this
issue is a duplicate of an issue from 2006! And it can't be
overall complex since wordperfect displays this document
well in lack of another word, just perfectly!

BTW Sam Hisers comments you can find here

http://fussnotes.typepad.com/plexnex/2006/10/pretending_inte.html?cid=6a00d83452f49169e20133f1a46d65970b#comments