On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 23:19 +0200, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

> Think about this fact: People who have been working with you guys for
> 10 years or who generally have contributed their best days, their
> leisure time, their jobs, to build OOo with you, well, these people,
> the whole community, is moving away. That's not laughable at all,

It's rather surprising it took this long really. Some of us saw this
probability a number of years ago. This project has needed a foundation
from day 1. It was really inevitable. Sun should have grasped that
nettle. Oracle can still do it.

Its an interesting premise that if anyone is a member of the LibreOffice
community they are automatically excluded from the OOo community. I
remember members of the MS Office user community being members of this
list and getting reasonable treatment. (ok some heated debates but
generally civilised). Many people use both MSO and OOo so that is a bit
of a snag. I use OOo throughout my business - I might well end up using
LibreOffice too if there are development differences. We are currently
accrediting OpenOffice.org certificates, so am I excluded because I
don't work for Oracle or because I might contribute at LibreOffice in
some way? All a bit confusing really.

--
Ian
Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications