Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I have an idea about how to make the reactor smarter/quicker.

I have a project with lots of subprojects that are built with reactor. I want to reduce the build time by making the reactor smarter.

Imagine I have 3 sub projects a,b and c with the following dependencies: a<-b<-c.

The 1st time I run reactor everything is built. Then I modify b and run reactor again. a doesn't depend on b and therefore shouldn't be rebuilt. The reactor should now only build b and c.

I think this can be implemented quite simply by doing some date comparisons between java sources and classes in each project.

I'm planning to implement this feature, but before I do, I'd like to hear some opinions.

Cheers,
Aslak