[snip]

> > > Question:
> > > In this project for jboss all dependecies will be bundled, right?
> > > Why to mark them in special way?
> >
> > There is no reason all dependencies should be bundled. Only those
that
> > are supposed to be deployed in JBoss. For example, on a project at
work,
> > we get the JBoss install from the repository and we have a pregoal
> > unzip it and feed it to the jboss plugin.
> >

> What are you going to do exactly if you are going to have (just e.g)
> separte
> ejb and jboss plugins?
> Are you going to update ejb jar archive?

I don't think we're talking about the same thing. Or I do not understand
the question. The main goal of the jboss plugin (at least when I created
it) was to package a JBoss server configuration (you know, the configs
you find in JBOSS_HOME/server/<configname>) and provide a tar.gz or zip
of it.

It means including in <config>/deploy/ the modules to deploy (static
deployment). The ones marked with <jboss.bundle> will be copied there.

The second part of the jboss plugin is the dynamic deployment (using
JMX). This, I personally don't use ATM.

> Befor asking this question I though Is't you project layout going to
look
> like:
>
>   -jboss1
>   -jboss2
>   -jbossK

I would expect a very small number of jboss configurations. Most
projects have only one.

>   -ejb1
>   -ejb2
>   -ejbN
>   -war1
>   -war2
>  -warM
>  -ear1
>  -ear2
>  -earK
>  -earK

yep

> But now I get lost and not sure what you are going to do

:-)

> What for do you need other dependencies? Can you just give an exaple
what
> you are going to
> achieve?

Static deployments.

> > > BTW: Are you going to make jboss plugin compatible with jboss 3.2x
> > series?
> >
> > What is not compatible? I seem to remember I have used it with JBoss
> > 3.2.1.

maven.jboss.jmx.url.deploy=http://${maven.jboss.hostname}:${maven.jboss.
po
> rt
> }/jmx-
> console/HtmlAdaptor?action=invokeOp&name=jboss.system:service%3DMainDe
> ployer&methodIndex=19&arg0=

maven.jboss.jmx.url.undeploy=http://${maven.jboss.hostname}:${maven.jbos
s.
> po
> rt}/jmx-
> console/HtmlAdaptor?action=invokeOp&name=jboss.system:service%3DMain
> Deployer&methodIndex=2&arg0=

ok, I haven't used those JMX deployments yet. The rest works with JBoss
3.2.x (the static deployment part).

Would you have a patch for the JMX stuff :-) ?

Thanks
-Vincent